I have an old porta-boat.  My wife and I can assemble and disassemble and
davit the whole thing in about 30 minutes.  We use a short spin-pole to
davit the assembled boat over the side.  The wooden benches need rebuilt
and the foam that they use to ensure positive buoyancy is degrading.  While
assembling on the foredeck the black ribbing will mar the deck.  With care
the marring can be avoided.

We carry ours folded just foreward of midships on the port lifelines.  The
benches are a trick to store.  Often we paddle due to ease and lack of
noise but also have a very small outboard.  Its an old 1.2hp, 2 stroke
cruise and carry.  It weights 12lbs and drives the boat at a comfortable
speed.  Without proper stern davits I would suggest keeping everything as
small and lite as possible.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+