Do you have a link to an ad?

We looked at 25s and 30s and settled on a 27.  In retrospect, for us a 30
would probably have been the better choice. If the 25 has an inboard ...
which is I believe with that age of boat a OMC saildrive, I'd look to the
27 instead.  If it's an outboard then no issues on that front, as long as
an outboard will perform adequately in the area you are sailing in and the
type of sailing you plan to do.

I'm not aware of any specific issues with the 25 other than the common one
you'll find on many boats of that era - soggy deck core.

Have you looked at the 27 Mk5? It was C&C's replacement for the 25.  Larger
than the 25 and smaller than the 27 Mk I through IV. I think you'll pretty
much find diesel power in them.