I kept my old C&C 25 on a mooring at Crandon Park Marina off Miami during the
horrible 2004-5 hurricane seasons.

The joke around the mooring field was that half of the owners were adding lines
and that the other half were loosening them.

Lots of owners with old boats they couldn 't sell who would gladly put in an
insurance claim ...

Many of them got their wish when Wilma blew through with 120 mph gusts. Half of
the mooring field was gone because those boats weren't protected by the bird
sanctuary island that was supposed to shield them.

All the lines in the world couldn't save my boat once those 10 - to 12 foot
breakers started rolling in.

Jack Brennan
Former C&C 25
Shanachie, 1974 Bristol 30