I replaced mine with another Raritan.  The bottom of my old one rusted
out.  The new ones are plastic on the outside    - won't rust.  I bought
mine from Columbia Marine Exchange in Portland.  Cheaper than Defender.
They can probably have it drop shipped to you.  Check out their web site,
and give Kim a call.  If you get a different brand, check the dimensions
carefully, or it may not fit through the hatch.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk 3 Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Glenn Gambel via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I am contemplating replacing my 6 gallon Raritan hot water heater with
> heat exchanger with an Atwood/Whale 6 gallon hot water heater with heat
> exchanger.  I could get a new Raritan for in the neighborhood of 800
> dollars or a new Atwood for around 300 dollars.  Wonder what other's
> experience in this area may be???  Would appreciate any feedback.
>
> Glenn Gambel
> Wind N Spirits, 1981 C&C 36

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.
> paypal.me_stumurray&d=DwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN
> 0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=9w3G7Cf8YfQnrjmtuNxwDJYr3JMv9f1pAfgAJ9xXYQQ&m=NmCF_
> ffXa8d9TmzsikduEF59yQoVHJk7UGLRhBj26jI&s=1S_i0V1zVDMsDmdFTqHZMwEGwrykiy8ek
> Fyv68ShAhs&e=

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC