As I understand it, fans of the original series (Kirk, Spock) called themselves
Trekkies throughout the 60’s, 70’s and most of the 80’s. When The Next
Generation (Picard, Riker) gained steam, those fans called themselves Trekkies
as well, much to the dismay of the original series fans, who consider the more
“pure”.

So, the fans of the original show, the more pure version of Trek, started
calling themselves Trekkers to distinguish themselves from the others.

Forgive me for going off topic. Hauling the boat for the winter tomorrow and
need to deal with the depression.

Edd M Schillay (Trekker)
C&C 37+ | Starship Enterprise
NCC-1701-B
City Island, NY

On Oct 10, 2017, at 7:33 PM, Chuck Gilchrest via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

As long as he lives long and prospers, I think he’s ok with it..
Chuck G.

Sent from my iPhone