The marine beam option is what I went with.  The boat came with more than a
dozen tube fixtures (most of which were double tubes) and at ~$30 a tube it
wasn't cheap.  For the most part they are plug and play though the
directions do suggest bypassing the ballast/starter circuit.  I didn't
bypass and haven't had any trouble.  I will strongly suggest the warm white
varient and advise that the light still has a bit of the LED harshness, not
the inviting glow of an incandescent.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+