From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Chuck
Gilchrest via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 8:59 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Chuck Gilchrest <csgilchr...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Lost at sea...um , yeah

After discussing this with my wife, her take on it was that the blond enticed
the other woman (non sailor) into taking the voyage with the notion of a
romantic escape.  When it turned out to be somewhat different than all fun and
relaxation, the communication devices went inoperative and the boat became
mysteriously un-sailable (rigging damage, etc).  So in effect, a kidnapping.
I think when authorities start interviewing both parties separately, the
non-sailor may not have the same enthusiasm about returning to sea with Ms.
Appel in the future.  And as with most everything, my wife’s intuition about
being trapped on a boat would be spot on.  She’s certainly felt that way on our
boat before (seasick, 3 months pregnant, in 4-6’ quartering seas..”It’s OK
honey, it will just be for a couple more hours..”).

Chuck “Captain Bligh” Gilchrest
S/V Half Magic
1983 35 Landfall
Padanaram, MA