From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Joel Aronson
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 10:56 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Joel Aronson <joel.aron...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List AIS improvement + general rewiring

Joe,

Look for yourself on Marine Traffic.  Or let me know when the unit has been on
for a while.

Please let me know how the NMEA WiFi bridge works.  Could be much simpler than
what I am trying to do with Signal K  and a router.

Joel

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List
I have the AIS unit now. I wish I hadn’t been so quick to ship the old one, I
would like to see it work and apparently I have no shore station in reach of my
location at the dock. All the lights are good, the diagnostics are all good,
and it says it is transmitting. I guess I have to get out from behind the
buildings and out in the Bay to actually see myself online.
Another question has come up. I just got an old Gen 2 IPad I am going to try
along with my other toys. It is the Wi-Fi version, no GPS built in. So I
ordered a NMEA>WIFI bridge from FleaBay that should allow this, and my phone,
to get the GPS and AIS data. Two questions:

1.       Has anyone used the Navionics app with Wi-Fi data like this? The app
itself isn’t real helpful, it basically says connect your device and it will
work. Well thanks for that tip!

2.       Anyone have Navionics on more than one device? When I got the IPad on
my account I have every single app ready to port over that I have on the phone
including Navionics Hiking, but NOT the Navionics marine navigation app? Is
this some Apple malfunction or is Navionics trying to get paid twice? If I have
to buy it again, I can get INAV-X for about half the price.

Thanks
Joe
Coquina