Marek,

That's actually my main halyard at the aft end of the boom, (in the photo it's a messenger as I remove my halyards for the winter), but whenever the main's down I put the halyard on the boom end and tension it a little to help carry the weight. When the boom kicker is carrying the entire weight it bends pretty well.

Neil

On 12/14/2017 11:55 PM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List wrote:

Neil,

I noticed that you have a Boomkicker (and the topping lift). The Boomkicker looks perfectly straight. I always thought that it should be bent upwards a bit to support the boom.

Marek

1994 C270 "Legato"

Ottawa, ON

*From:*CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] *On Behalf Of *Neil Gallagher via CnC-List
*Sent:* Thursday, December 14, 2017 22:05
*To:* cnc-list@cnc-list.com
*Cc:* Neil Gallagher <njgallag...@optonline.net>
*Subject:* Re: Stus-List new haylards

Jim,

I bought the boat eight years ago, came with that boom. I don't know if it's the original, it may not be as I think it's a little longer than some other 35-1's. My understanding is the early boats had roller reefing with round booms, but I don't know if the factory changed in later years to the flat sided boom with slab reefing.

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly, 35-1
Glen Cove, NY