Mike, Maybe it doesn’t need to be said but fuses are overlooked in newly
installed boat batteries and electrical charging systems. Also make sure the
wire is marine grade wire and large enough to carry maximum charging amps the
distance required. Sorry if that’s a repeat after the course you took. I only
connected to my house bank but I have a combiner if I ever run into a problem.
Have never needed the combiner to start. If you use an ACR, make sure it’s
capable of the load. If one battery is empty and the other is full when the
relay switches over the amperage is pretty big at first. (Just a guess but
maybe as high as 100 amps?) My first system was 120 Watts and the next 240
Watts. If you aren’t sure oversize the wire and charge controller now, then you
can just add another panel, it’s not that much more $.

Len Mitchell
Crazy Legs
1989 37+
Midland On