Same problem on my 36. Many leaking cracks. No reason to believe that welding
them would not just result in new ones. Probably will try it anyway, but no
confidence long term. Low molecular weight polyethylene.
Space is narrow, long, and triangular.
Not found a bladder tank that would be a good fit. Seems to me that an over
large tank folded into the space would be a recipe for failure due to abrasion.
Did Kracor give any guidance on their price?

Steve Thomas
C&C36
Merritt Island, Fl

---- Tim Rutherford via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
Both 19 gallon tanks, port and starboard, are leaking in multiple
locations. They are vee-bottom four sided tanks with recesses in the top
where stiffeners under the cover plate fit. I tried plastic welding but the
results were questionable in terms of reliability.

The manufacturer, Kracor, says new ones can be made to order in 3-4 weeks
if I contact a local boat yard to place the order. This sounds expensive
and cumbersome.

What are my other options? Is it easy to contact a local tank company and
have a tank copied at a competitive cost and reasonable lead-time?

--
Tim Rutherford
Chamamé