In NC-PHRF, you get a single rating which is based on your largest
headsail/fastest kite with penalties if you have a sprit, oversized kite/jib >
155%, etc. and independent of race configuration (W-L, distance, etc.). If you
choose not to race with your largest jib or your biggest kite, your rating
remains the same.
FWIW and as others have mentioned, your local handicapping organization
determines how these issues are handled.

Charlie Nelson
1995 C&C XL/kcb
Water Phantom

Sent from my iPhone