FWIW- I have a selden sprit for sale if anyone is interested.
Email me for details.

                Get Outlook for iOS

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 8:50 AM -0600, "Charles Nelson via CnC-List"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

In NC-PHRF, you get a single rating which is based on your largest
headsail/fastest kite with penalties if you have a sprit, oversized kite/jib >
155%, etc. and independent of race configuration (W-L, distance, etc.). If you
choose not to race with your largest jib or your biggest kite, your rating
remains the same.FWIW and as others have mentioned, your local handicapping
organization determines how these issues are handled.
Charlie Nelson1995 C&C XL/kcbWater Phantom

Sent from my iPhone
On Feb 1, 2018, at 8:25 AM, "Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

Hi Chuck

I think that is a question you will have to ask your area handicap association.
 In our area (Nova Scotia) and I believe in most other areas you make a single
 declaration of inventory / rig for an entire season.  In Nova Scotia you would
have to declare sprit/asym, pole/sym or both.  Many areas allow the use of an
asym tacked centerline at bow in addition to standard pole/sym spinnaker with
no penalty.  Adding the
 sprit in addition to the pole setup incurs penalty adjustments based on how
long the Total Sprit Length is in relation to J.

On the other hand if you were planning to enter a distance race the committee
for that race may allow you a different setup for that race or series.  That
would
 likely be at the discretion of trace organizers

Mike

Persistence

Halifax, NS