Gary, with no recent accidents and/or other claims, that is a big increase and overall, $1,100 for $40K is extreme where I shop for boat insurance.  Time to shop around for insurance.

Not boat related but topic related....2 weeks ago, I got my auto insurance renewal invoice for 2018....11.5% increase...accident and claim free, no way....shop around for a few hours on the phone....get a new auto policy with everything I already had a bit more (paid auto if my car in for repairs in case of accident) for 11% less than I was paying for 2017.....even less than now.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2018-02-03 4:50 PM, ahycrace ahycrace via CnC-List wrote:

Hello all

               Well I just got my insurance bill from boat US and it went up 238$  a pretty big increase.  I called to ask why and they said it was nothing on my end rates just went up.  I am wondering if everybody else got raised as well?  I tried to increase my deductible  which is zero, to say 4% or so to lower my rates. They said they can't do that because they have a automatic lowering of the deductible over time and once it reaches zero it must stay there. Sounds like they just want to keep the bill up! 1100$ for 40k, might have to start shopping, any feedback?

 Gary K  "Liberty"  1976  38'  MKll