If your deductible is zero, that means that your deductible has gone from
whatever you had it, to zero without increasing your premium for the zero
deductible.  In other words, you had no claims in the past four years, and
your deductible has gone down twenty-five percent per year over those four
years.  I had a claim, last year, and I didn't have to pay a deductible.
It started out as a four percent deductible, and it went down when I had no
claims for four years or more.  I had the same question as you, until they
explained it to me.  My insurance is due to renew in April, and the
deductible will probably go back to four percent, plus whatever the new
rates have increased to.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC