From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Howard and
Skippy via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 9:46 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Howard and Skippy <emp...@optonline.net>
Subject: Stus-List Insurance issues

Insurance experience
My C&C 35-3 has been insured by Allstate for the last 25 years and I
have experience with 3 major claims. Once, while transiting Plum Gut
with my son at the helm, doing about 8 kts with the big chute up, we hit
an unseen, underground spire submerged 6' below the surface. 20k later
Allstate covered all but the 500 deductible and there was no increase in
rate which has held at about 5-600 with an insured value of 60k + 6k for
"accessories" for the duration of coverage.   About 10-15 years ago, the
boat, during a storm, was blown off its jack stands when the cover
caught one of the stands causing hull and rigging damage. some 20+k
later, Allstate handled the claim speedily and without premium increase.
The boat was totaled in Super Storm Sandy. After a 45K payout, Allstate
gave me the boat along with the check. I used the $ to rebuild the boat
and she is as good as or better now than new. There has been no real
increase in premium. I can only praise Allstate in that they are 1/2 the
cost of Boat US, have been easy to work with and have stuck with me
through  3 major incidents.
Howard Paul, skipper Knot Again