Dennis — I did NOT do any sanding after the initial wood preparation; nothing
between coats.  The first coat of AwlWood is a colored or clear primer coat;
apply with a rag, and let dry for twenty-four hours.  The finish coats go on
well with disposable foam brushes; thin coats, with a redcoat time of about two
to four hours (maybe more with higher humidity).  I did ten coats on everything
(six handrails and four Dorade boxes) over two days.

The finished results can be seen here: www.postaudio.net/webserver/IMG_1607.JPG

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis