I agree with Bill about Catalinas, though I feel obligated to
point out that my 1979 27 had more outside teak than my 30-2.
I briefly considered stainless handrails when my varnish jobs started barely
lasting a season,  However, I found some Sunbrella handrail covers that are
making a huge difference.  2 seasons and counting on my Deks Olje varnish job.
I am intrigued by Awlwood, though the price has scared me off, about twice what
I am paying for Deks Olje.
Jim ReinardyC&C 30-2 “Firewater”Milwaukee, WI

                Get Outlook for iOS

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 8:10 PM -0600, "Bill Coleman via CnC-List"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

I don’t want to start a teak war, but I have to agree with Rick –
I’ve had to strip my handrails a few times, as it gets away from me, and now I
do again.

But I just couldn’t see putting SS rails on the boat. I could
have whipped up some SS handrails overnight, but it just didn’t seem right. . .
. I would have had to go home and take a shower. When these C&C’s, well,
the earlier ones, were made, I think they were trying to make Plastic boats
still
look like wooden boats, and the brightwork is all about that.

In defense of Catalina’s , not that I give a rat’s ass about
Catalina’s, but they are nice boats . . .they never tried to make them
look like classic boats.  Ours are.

Bill Coleman

C&C 39 Erie, PA