Thank you Ken.. Very helpful. I will take another look. I do have an access
hole drilled thru one of the stringers to be able to torque one of the
bolts, If I recall it is not hollow. There are also bilge drain holes from
bay to bay, again they are not hollow.

I agree the drawings show no material inside, but then what would the mast
step plate be screwed to?

My concern is that they are bulging.
I take it yours don't have the bulging issue?

Any thoughts on injecting epoxy?
Thanks again.