Tom,

I’m with Dennis on this one.  Keep the compressor close to the power source
and buy more hose.  You won’t notice any pressure drop in the hose.  The
electrical resistance in the extended wiring may affect your compressor by
pulling more amperage (due to the voltage drop).

If your battery is on a charger, the compressor should operate fine.  The
voltage should be well above the 12 volts needed to drive the compressor
efficiently.

Jake

Jake Brodersen

C&C 35 Mk-III “Midnight Mistress”