I removed the air filter holder from my engine today to check on whether it
needed cleaning and was surprised to find the filter soaked in oil and a
significant amount of oil inside the housing.  I found there was a tygon/rubber
tube running from a fitting on the top of the engine that ended just above the
air filter housing and had dripped oil such that it then ran into the case.

1.  What is this tube and what it is connected to?  I can’t find it in my
Universal manual.  Oil pressure relief?  If so, why would oil be coming out of
it?  I had not noticed the engine oil being low, so I don’t think it is always
leaking, but not sure.
2.  Where should the tube go?  It seems like it will create a mess whereever it
goes but I presume it is supposed to drain into the the space below the engine,
but it is too short to do that effectively.  Dave

Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT