Christian,

I don’t know how your chainplates are constructed but if they are like mine,
and I suspect they are, then you may be in for a bit of work.

I quite literally just finished torquing the last of the chainplate bolts today
after applying liberal amounts of butyl tape to the underside of the horizontal
deck plate. The only thing left to do is to insert the 6 per side 1/4-20
Phillips Oval head bolts and tighten. On our boat that plate is held-arc’d to
the vertical chainplate and immovable. In order to attach the butyl, or any
sealant for that matter, I had to unbolt all 14 bolts (per side) and lift the
entire affair out of the deck.

Non-trivial.

Hope you don’t have to do that.

Best,