I pulled the fuel hose off the tank pickup nipple as part of cleaning the
tank - though did not really need to do so.  Now presumably there is some
air in the fuel hose.

Do I have to bleed that air using the tiny manual fuel pump on the side of
the engine?  Or can I try to start the engine [it has been winterized for 6
months] and hopefully pull the air "bubble" to the fuel filter / engine?
There is ~ 6' of fuel hose from the tank to a Racor, then another 4' of fuel
hose to reach the fuel pump, so it would take a long time and be quite a bit
of fuel that is pumped out of the small Yanmar fuel filter bleed screw.
Hoping to minimize the time and inevitable diesel dribbles on the side of
the engine.

Thanks,

Brian