Brian,

I think you’re going to need to get the air out of the system by using the
manual pump and the bleed screws along the way.

All the best,

Edd

-----------------------------------
Edd M. Schillay
Captain of the Starship Enterprise
C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
City Island, New York
www.StarshipSailing.com
-----------------------------------
914.774.9767   | Mobile
-----------------------------------
Sent via iPhone X
iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

On May 4, 2018, at 6:05 PM, Nauset Beach via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

I pulled the fuel hose off the tank pickup nipple as part of cleaning the tank
– though did not really need to do so.  Now presumably there is some air in the
fuel hose.

Do I have to bleed that air using the tiny manual fuel pump on the side of the
engine?  Or can I try to start the engine [it has been winterized for 6 months]
and hopefully pull the air “bubble” to the fuel filter / engine?  There is ~ 6’
of fuel hose from the tank to a Racor, then another 4’ of fuel hose to reach
the fuel pump, so it would take a long time and be quite a bit of fuel that is
pumped out of the small Yanmar fuel filter bleed screw.  Hoping to minimize the
time and inevitable diesel dribbles on the side of the engine.

Thanks,
Brian