I seem to recall that the Raymarine autopilot has to be linearized when
first installed, but also if any of the instruments on the Seatalk buss are
changed.  Linearization consists of  turning two 360 degree slow turns
(about three to five minutes each).  Your owner's manual has the steps to
take.  Even if you don't think you need to do this, do it anyway.  I had to
do that when I installed a new wind transducer.  Other things you can check
are:  make sure there is nothing (iron or steel) near the magnetic sensor
for the autopilot, and also make sure that there is no RF close to the
autopilot wiring.  For the latter, try running without the VHF turned on.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR