On a 36?  Unless you have a carbon pole / The Incredible Hulk  / or both on
your foredeck: You gotta use Dip Pole and in anything more than a light
breeze a full complement of fore / after guys

As you know my boat is really a 36 footer and my spin is over 800 sq / ft.
In addition to having specific ends my pole is big / long / heavy, and the
loads are substantial.  No flipping this one around.

Have Fun!

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA