Mike,

Clean with white vinegar and rinse with distilled water.....or go to any electronics shop, like the Source, a get a spray can of 'contact cleaner'.......I don't know what that stuff is but I do know it works.

Any plastic and rubber housing can be treated with 'dielectirc grease' but not the actual connectors themselves.....might help to reduce further oxidization.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2018-06-12 11:58 AM, Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List wrote:

Persistence has a Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF with a cockpit mounted Ram mic.   The connection is  becoming intermittent and I have noticed oxidization in the boat side socket.

What is the best way to clean the oxidization from these pins?  I think the pins are copper and the oxidization is green and likely the source of my poor connection.

I wish to clean but not damage the plastic housing or short the connectors when the ram mic is plugged in.

Am assuming the brain trust has dealt with this many times before

Thanks

Mike

Persistence

Halifax, NS