Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the quick reply and the info although we might not be talking
apples and apples here.

The previous owner said it's *easier* to change before it fails rather than
describing the dire situation you encountered. A diver in our club has done
it many times here on C&C's of various lengths, probably older models.

He also described having to use the winches to run a line under the keel
once to raise it when it failed, so he could get back in the slip and
didn't mention a concern for damage. Maybe just lucky. I think if it let
loose and that 800 pound steel blade fell through it's full arc to the stop
I would have a real concern for damage to the trunk.

Hopefully someone has some info. It seems the centerboard versions weren't
well documented.

--
Tim Rutherford
tim.rutherford.m...@gmail.com