The accumulator probably won't stop the spurting.  Air is most likely being
sucked in to the system.  A probable cause is the suction strainer.

The accumulator is used to even out the pressure and minimize pump cycles.
The hot water tank often has a check valve on the cold water inlet which
would make the accumulator ineffective if installed on any of the hot water
lines.

The grey tubing is called Polybutyl or PB and was made by Qest.  The
fittings are still available but the pipe would be a bit harder to find.
There are plenty of more appropriate and modern alternatives.  IMO the best
repair fittings are made by a company called flair-it.
https://mobilehomepartsstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CF

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+