On the ST50/60/60+ instruments, there has to be 8 volts between the red
wire and the screen.  Less than 8 volts won't do.  The i50/60 instruments
are probably the same.  I had a similar problem with my wind display.  I
thought it was the masthead transducer.  When I discovered the lower (7.2
volts) voltage, I ran a connection from the red wire on one of the other
instruments to 12 volts.  That raised the red to screen voltage to 8
volts.  I then had to linearize the instruments and it cured the problem.
You can also check the Raymarine Forum
http://forum.raymarine.com/?_ga=2.187069608.1654551873.1529160097-1564253690.1523291050
to see whether this subject has been brought up.  If not, post your
question.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC