The automatic bilge pump in Cat’s Paw is fairly old (2011) and although it
still works fine, it requires a separate float switch (also old) which is
located in a shallower part of the bilge so leaves about 4 inches of water at
the pump when it turns off.  I am looking for a replacement that has the water
level switch in the pump.  There are lots of these for sale, but what is the
list’s recommendation?  The old pump is a Shurflo (sp?) 355-100-00, rated at
1000 gals/hr <http://gals.hr/>, - the label says it draws 7.35 amps (but I
haven’t measured it).  Is Shurflo even made any more? I see Rule pumps and lots
of brands I have never heard of on line. The automatic pumps I found online
leave about 2 inches of water - is that the best we can do? And what pumps last
well?  Advice welcome.

Eric Frank
Cat's Paw, C&C 35 Mk II
Mattapoisett, MA