Pretty sure these regulations only apply to commercial vessels, or ones with
>12 passengers.

________________________________
From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Alan Liles via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: June 30, 2018 4:04 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Alan Liles
Subject: Re: Stus-List checking fire extinguishers & Lifeslings

Everyone I talk to says yearly and yet I can't find the regulation that states
it clearly. Any Canadians have an idea?

Alan Liles
SV Elendil
Vancouver BC

On Jun 29, 2018, at 12:21 PM, Persuasion37 via CnC-List

Al

You may be looking at the wrong standard.

>From Transport Canada Marine

All extinguishers should be visually inspected each month, and serviced once a
year. All carbon dioxide extinguishers should be weighed annually. Dry chemical
extinguishers should occasionally be turned upside down and shaken.

A hydrostatic test should be performed:

  *   every 12 years for pressure type extinguishers

  *   every 5 years for carbon dioxide and water extinguishers

  *   after discharge for any extinguisher 5 years old or older

There is a requirement for yearly certification under the Canada safety code.

Mike
PERSUASION
C&C 37 K/CB
Long Sault