I, too, had trouble with the tank manifold when I got my boat. The pointy end
of the valve handle has to be in the proper orientation to select the tank. I
still have to look at the almost hidden label to determine which way that is. I
think the pointed end is toward the outlet of the manifold to select the tank.
It's counterintuitive and I often end up on my knees with a flashlight.

Al Liles
SV Elendil
C&C 37/40+
Vancouver