Awl grip is easy to bush on with great results. You may want to have a helper
painting the other side of the mast at the same time, but that's true of any
paint. I would certainly use Awl Grip. Just make sure you're in a a non dusty
part of the yard. Not that it really matters, all you're going to see is the
bottom 8 feet of the mast.

Andy

Andrew Burton
61 W Narragansett