Assailant's keel weight is listed in it's build file as 6,885 lbs so it was
lightened about 500 lbs from the stock 7,250 lbs. at the factory, probably
by using sand occlusions up high in the casting.  Here is a drawing of what
those occlusions look like and where they are in the keel:

http://c-c-37-40.blogspot.com/p/inside-c_15.html

Ken H.