Hello All!
I’m new to this list and am really not sure how it works (or if I’ve set it up
at all correctly)
My name is Tom and I’m in shelter island N.Y.
I’ve recently purchased an 1982 landfall 35 and am having the most horrific
time with the rudder.
The helm was pretty free when I first inspected the boat (I was able to easily
swing the rudder by hand from the ground)
However, during the time the boat was in the yard, whenever I came back to the
steering it seemed stiffer but I was caught up in other goals and didn’t pay
enough mind so did nothing.
Now though, with the boat in the water it takes a tremendous amount of force to
move the rudder at all. I’ve troubleshot and disconnected the Edson helm and
after making a sling have attempted to drop the rudder to see if it’s bent but
it won’t budge. I’m currently injecting penetrating oil where possible and
manipulating  the rudder with the emergency tiller.  I’ve already spoken with
the c and c guys in Canada whom, after hearing me out, thought it was an
interesting problem.
I too am interested and am looking for help.

Tom Cunningham
tomcunning...@me.com

Sent from my iPhone