From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Josh Muckley via
CnC-List
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2018 15:21
To: C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Yanmar 3HM35F Exhaust riser/goose neck

I found some rust blisters on the riser while poking around in the engine the
other day.  I had a moment yesterday to do the replacement with parts which I
have had for some time.  The rubber exhaust hose was stuck on and a
considerable amount of wrestling was required to separate it from the riser.
In the effort it went unnoticed that some of the rust blisters had broken away.
 Once I finally got it off and had a chance to inspect I found that the rust
had opened up a dime sized hole.  If this had let go unexpectedly I would have
started blowing exhaust and water into my engine compartment.  My "what would I
have done" thoughts started rolling and I've decided that a tube of epoxy putty
would have been my first effort at an emergency repair.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1aC6-4V8P3BufZhZsusYFmMlmHknk-Ftv

Josh Muckley

S/V Sea Hawk

1989 C&C 37+