Thanks, Tim and Neil for your help addressing my wheel pilot problem.
Neil's manual was the correct one for the 4000+.  My actuator didn't have
the ball bearings that Tim described.  Once I got the actuator off the
wheel and opened it, I found a bad belt.. A new belt from eBay for $22
fixed the problem.  With the new belt, the clutch lever no longer pops out
of gear, a problem that has bothered me for years.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR