From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Gary
Nylander via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:08 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Gary Nylander <gnylan...@atlanticbb.net>
Subject: Re: Stus-List mystery item

That is a bit of an antique. Your boat probably came from the factory with
roller reefing for the main. The boom was hooked to the mast at one point and
there was a crank to wind the boom – thus rolling the sail around it. That
roller gizmo was wrapped around the boom and hooked to the topping lift so the
boom could rotate freely. If your boom is original, it probably has a single
bolt in the aft end and a flat piece of stainless where the main sheet attached.

The first ‘big’ boat I sailed on back in the day had one.

Gary

1980 30-1