Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2018 3:02 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Matthew L. Wolford
Subject: Re: Stus-List Mast Rake for C&C 41

For my 42 (obviously a different boat), we looked at the original C&C design
drawing and assumed that the boat was drawn with the rake the designers
intended.  I forget what the degree of rake came out to be, but it wasn't
much.  To implement it in the field, I hung a bucket of water from the main
halyard and raked the mast back until the halyard near deck level was the
calculated distance from the mast.  Once the mast was positioned where I
wanted it, I installed a Spartite plug.  I used leftover Spartite to make
chocks for the mast step base.  Not high-tech, but seems to have worked out
okay.

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Allardyce via CnC-List