I agree with Joe, your oil pressure is good. I would deffenetly mount a gauge
in the cockpit. I have both oil pressure and engine water temp on Rebecca Leah..

Doug Mountjoy Rebecca Leah LF39 Port Orchard YC, WA.

-------- Original message --------From: SEAN CONNER via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 8/5/18  02:33  (GMT-08:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: SEAN CONNER <conner.s...@comcast.net> Subject: Re:
Stus-List C&C 34 - 3GM30F oil pressure warning - theory or solved -Gauge
results
I was able to get an oil pressure gauge and install it temporarily on the
3GM30F. I definitely have oil pressure, but it was interesting to see the
results. I enclosed some vid links in case anyone was interested in
hearing/seeing these results. At 2500 rpm immediately after start up the
pressure bounced between 40-50 psi.  https://youtu.be/Ym6CBjTXG0Q.

At 3000 rpms after 15 min run time, the pressure held steady at 62 psi.
https://youtu.be/vy_7_X626Yo

When backing down throttle to ~800 rpm the pressure bounced around at 20 psi.
https://youtu.be/PPxDKUXHUL8

According to the yanmar service manual, pressure at idle should be 7.2 psi and
at 3,500 rpm should be 42-57 psi.  Not sure what the results actually mean, but
I at least know there is pressure and have some form of baseline measurements
to assess.
Sean Conner/Ladyhawke