I'm adding a vote for raising the boom end by altering the mainsail.

My gooseneck is welded. I expect I could find a new mast fitting that fit and
screw it onto the mast above the OEM product. I'd leave the old fitting as it
adds strength and wouldn't be in the way of anything.

In 2012, I had a sailmaker simply add a flattening reef cringle in the leech
($75) on a racing sail. Last year I had a sailmaker raise the clew on J-109
mainsail 18" because it was originally made for a tiller steered boat and
allowed the boom to droop below 90 degrees. It actually touched the wheel and
could jam it. He kept the tack and reshaped the foot of the sail, new foot line
etc ($300 for a loose footed main). You may find a better deal.