From: Dan via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2018 11:00
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Dan
Subject: Stus-List Should I ditch the SSB

I have an SSB radio system in my boat that still works. The antenna appears to
be built right into my backstay, and is no longer wired up, however the wire is
just coiled up on the transom and could be re-connected. Some local sailors
have told me to just simply get rid of it, however it doubles as an HF radio
(channel 2182, etc.) which could be handy in an ocean crossing? (I also have
VHF and may purchase an Eridium or Sat Phone eventually)

How many of you guys still hang on to the old SSB? Should I lose it altogether
and make space in my nav station for something more up to date and less power
consuming?

Dan
Breakaweigh
C&C44