Thank you for all of the quick replies.

I assumed there was too much stress as the cheek block is pulling away from the
boom.  This was from the previous owner.

I was considering removing it all together since I have a boom kicker but since
it was rigged with both when I got it, I left it on

Maybe a simpler setup like yours Dennis would serve the purpose when I am
moored.

I totally missed the twist in the purchase and the strain you can see through
the eye strap.....not sure why it is there.  The boat was rigged when I got her
so slowly working through things.

Would be great if you could send pictures of your setup Tom.

Thanks again all

Colin