Rob,

There are easier and faster ways to do this - but if you come up dry and
want to try to make a 3D model of YOUR boat, and you were able to take
pictures from numerous angles (while out of the water, perhaps - a drone
might be a good way to do this) I'd be happy to run it through a
photogrammetry stack for you.  The best results come from photos taken in
overcast conditions to minimize specular reflections, and even then aren't
perfect.  But it's still pretty amazing stuff.  I think I'll have to try it
with my boat this winter. Probably need about 100 pictures to get good
coverage.

Bill Hall
1985 C&C 37 Starfire
Ludington, MI

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 11:21 AM Rob Ball via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> As a new owner of a 34 (38 years old) I want to try to create a 3D file of
> the boat . . . . .
>
> Does anyone out there have anything already that is close to a C&C 34  . .
> . . ?
>
> I can manipulate a different boat if anyone has one that is similar  . . .
> .
>
> I’m using a Program called MicroStation, but I can import most types of 3D
> files  . . . .
>

> Cheers,
>
> *Rob Ball*
> Chief Design Engineer                                      Tel
> 508-995-9711
>
> [image: http://www.edsonintl.com/signature/image001.gif]
>
> Edson International
>
> Email: r...@edsonintl.com <a...@edsonintl.com>            [image: Edson -