Not a silly question at all.  I hope some other listers chime in.

This last time I used Starbrite Chrome and Stainless Polish.  It seemed to
work well.

In the past, I've used Flitz, 3M and others.  Personally, I don't see much
difference in them.  The chemistry of removing blemishes from stainless is
well known.  The ingredients in most better brands are probably fairly
similar.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA