Dan

You should have a plug which allows you to remove the transducer with the
boat in the water. Simple process of pulling the transducer and inserting
the plug. If done quickly, you might let 2 cups of water in. Will need a
person spinning the paddle and one looking at the instrument.

Ed Levert
C&C 34 Briar Patch
New Orleans

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 8:30 AM Dan via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Thanks guys.
> Difficult to get the padwheel moving when the boat is in the slip and
> there's no current lol.
> I can try sticking my outboard motor in front of the boat and gunning it
> to get the water flowing... or I can get in the dinghy and try to reach
> under to spin the wheel manually...
>
> Before I do that - I have a digital readout of my NMEA 0183 sentences so I
> can analyze the readouts line by line. I don't even have a readout for
> "0.0.0" on the speed (or any speed data at all) I'm wonderring IF the
> padweel isn't turning, it will literally give back NO data / sentences at
> all? not even a "0.0.0"?
>
> Dan
>
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 9:58 AM Matthew L. Wolford via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> I also had a paddlewheel issue caused by bottom paint.  I did not
>> discover the nature of the problem was until the boat was out of the water.

>>> Breakaweigh