Painted my Edson pedestal with white brightsides in 2015. On the advice from
Interlux, I sanded down to bare aluminum and primed immediately with white
barrier coat and several coats of white brightsides. The key to priming
aluminum is to prime it asap after sanding so it does not have time to
oxidize. Had to remove the pedestal to do it though; too cold here in the
off season to paint outside. Still looks great after 3 yrs. Did the same
process on mast and spreaders the year before and it still looks great too.

Mike Amirault

C&C33II  Lovely Cruise

St margarets Bay, NS