Applying laminate surface to your countertops should be fairly
straightforward.  Here's a link to a galley shelf I installed on Touche':

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityourself/galley_shelf/index.htm

I also added laminate to the aft bulkhead and outboard bulkhead in Touche'
both to lighten it up visually and to provide a more water resistant
surface.  Here's a link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_sb5TfIENvsQk9CUjEzOGJiY3M

Both bulkheads were teak.

I found that Wilsonart Frosty White countertop laminate from Lowes matched
the existing countertops in Touche' closely.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA