In July, I bought a Raymarine a78 plotter, a close out for $300 from
Raymarine. I have Raymarine instruments but the main selling point was the
Raymarine brand (Lighthouse) charts which are based on NOAA charts which I
grew up with. Navionics and C-Charts are options. I am happy with it and it
has more functions than I will ever use.

In researching, it seemed to me that the emphasis for plotters was as fish
finders. Someone pointed out to me that as long as the chart chip is
current, you are good to go and don't need the latest bell or whistle.

Ed Levert
C&C 34 Briar Patch
New Orleans